Naruto Clans at War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A naruto RPG that takes place in the past, before the great Konohagakure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Important Links
Forum Rules

Character Rules

Fighting Rules

Running a Village (Just for Kages)

Travel Rules

List of Skills

List of Jutsu

List of Equipment

Staff

Admin

Kino, TJCID, Kyuubi, Hakuzi, Zee

Moderators

Jigoku

Latest topics
» Christmas Eve At Friday Harbor Pdf Zip
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:52 am

» MultiTranse.Oriental.6.4.with.Serial
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:44 am

» Command Conquer Tiberium Alliances Hackv. 1.3.1.rar
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:42 am

» Whats Aap Downlod
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:35 am

» Indian Preteen Vagina Pics
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:34 am

Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:31 am

Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:31 am

» Www.40age Village Anty Sex Tamil Peperonity.com
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:29 am

» Loopstarz Trap Ish ACiD WAV MiDi
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:27 am

» Auntiy Hot 3gpking.com
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1by Hagoromo Otsutsuki Fri May 16, 2014 2:26 am

Top posters
TJCID
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. I_vote_lcapNeed help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. I_voting_barNeed help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. I_vote_rcap 
Kino
Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. I_vote_lcapNeed help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. I_voting_barNeed help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. I_vote_rcap 
Kyuubi
Jigoku
Hagoromo Otsutsuki
Hakuzi Kiriku
Zee
Kurama Uzumaki
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyuubi
Citizen
Kyuubi

Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Empty
PostSubject: Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here.   Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:01 pm

KYU's topic for tutoring fellow role players.

I've noticed that many people need help in the arts of role playing, whether it be combat or simply understanding how to rp on a higher level, I will help you. I can take on about 3 members at a time.

Now I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone. That's not my message. I'm trying to say that there are people who struggle to rp but don't want to give up. Those people who don't have a mentor or a teacher guiding them can easily fall between the cracks of a forum, forgotten by time. Writing is to say exactly what you want visually, but for most people (even me [allot of the time]) they can't put what I want to say into words easily and their posts suffer as well as the character suffers. No one sucks at role playing; they know their character far better than anyone else, but no one is perfect at expressing their character. Naturally people would need to learn how to characterize their writing with style in order to express a character better. I'm not the god role player, but I can write pretty well in my own opinion. What I will do (if you want my help) is identify where your writing lacks proper description.

Often people will think that they don't need to describe much to role play and they only want to fight, only want to gain stats, and they only want to be the very best shinobi in the world. Well I'm going to tell you that's flat out wrong. It's disgusting, horrible, deplorable.

Role playing is living the life of someone else. One does not simply write their character's future to become the strongest. They need to plan out the future by reason and logic. How a character feels about his future is another thing altogether. Let's say I wanted to be Rock Lee. I write a role play sample for him and it looks like this:

"Lee woke up on his bed. He didn't remember his dream, but didn't care. Lee dressed himself and ate breakfast. Lee went outside and started doing push ups with his left hand holding the rest of his body up. He didn't get tired. He didn't need to take a break either. Lee stood up normally then started running around the village. He ran all day nonstop. He went back home and ate dinner. Lee went to bed."

Where should I begin? I can see that Lee is very strong and long lasting because he works out all day, but that's it. There isn't any flare in the character. He's very boring; there isn't a single thing that tells me who Lee really is. In fact if I changed his name, he would be recognizable as Lee.

"John woke up on his bed. He didn't remember his dream, but he didn't care. John dressed himself and ate breakfast. John went outside and started doing push ups with his left hand holding the rest of his body up. He didn't get tired. He didn't need to take a break either. John stood up normally then started running around the village. He ran all day nonstop. He went back home and ate dinner. John went to bed."

See, if john does the same thing as Lee than we can't tell them apart as a person. To solve this problem, Lee does more than work out; he talks, he thinks, he has an opinion about things, and most importantly he reacts to the world around him rather than just affecting it. So How about we slow down on our actions and go back to him waking up and then go from there. Let's start with "Lee woke up on his bed" and rewrite it so it's not plane as Jane action with descriptive words that make him feel like the real Rock Lee.

Spoiler:

I'll stop there. As you can see what was one very simple and boring paragraph of nondescript actions became 743 words. [However I'm willing to go further with more than description added] Now this was a rather large step between simple to descriptive. It helps allot to be descriptive, even if you have to start from a very detailed paragraph. Now I know it's not everybody's cup of tea to be descriptive or for some people description isn't the problem, so this tutoring process is different for everybody. The very extended example above was only affected by description. The other areas of characterization can lengthen that example well into the thousands.

Combat:

As I said earlier in this post, I can help three people at a time. All you have to do is pm me that you want to start learning and you're willing to work for it as well as correct yourself once you learn something new.

1/3

Last edited by KYU on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jigoku
Citizen
Jigoku

Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here.   Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here. Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:57 pm

:'O I wanna learn DD:
Back to top Go down

Need help with the Art of Role Play? Tutoring here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Clans at War :: Out of Character :: Art Depot-
Jump to: